Sunday, October 22, 2017

everyday is halloween

i've had my smart phone for a month now and it has changed my digital habits.  i do a lot of texting with friends and i am able to access my email nearly all the time.  but i have yet to find an app that allows me to post on me blog.  there are apps for tumbler and twitter but no apps for blogger.  bummer.  because my digital habits of migrated to mobile technology i am not firing up the laptop as often.  hence, i am not posting my usual array of poems, essays, movies reviews etc etc. on this here blog.


be that as it may, this month has been chock full of halloween activities for me, anna and nick.  tonight we went to the town of auburn for its pumpkin nights.  the city decorates their fairground with jack o'lantern displays.  it was a bit cheesy but it was also a lot of fun.

in addition to all the halloween style shit we've done i've also been pointing my browser to halloween videos.  and below is a recent favorite video of mine.  tom hanks plays a character named, david s. pumpkins, on SNL.  i find it so funny i nearly break my funny bone when i watch it.  anna wonders whether i've lost my mind.  she finds this skit amusing but not weezing-thru-the-laughs-gawd-my-side-hurts funny.

what the hell.  sometimes scary turns to humor and when it does we must laugh out ourselves.  i think fewer things are funnier than a goofball dressed in a suit decorated with pumpkins who has two dancing skeleton sidekicks.

behold, david s. pumpkins



boo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home