Sunday, August 27, 2017

i could've been a contender!

up to now the only book of mine you could find in a library was my MA thesis tucked away in the bowels of my alma mater.  and i had to pay for the privilege of the binding!

ah, today that has changed.  my brother-in-rhyme, jonathan hayes, and i co-edited a collection of haiku. american haiku [poems-for-all press; 2016] that is now in the stacks of the berkeley public library.

i am stoked, like totally!  i feel like a contender.  i'm being serious.  i am happy to see our anthology in the stacks of the library of one of my favorite cities on earth.

a big thank you to glenn ingersoll, a wonderful poet, and librarian, for getting our book on the shelves and in the database.

peace and love  

   

2 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Glenn Ingersoll said...

I credit Alan Bern for getting the book into the collection. But I was the first to check it out!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger John B-R said...

How do I get a copy of the book, Richard? email me ... I have three books by you ... how many do you have? That's the number I want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home