Wednesday, November 02, 2011

ding dong

two ladies dressed in suits are standing on the porch

me: yes?

two ladies: good morning. do you read the bible?

me: no.

two ladies: you don't read the bible? have you read the bible?

me: yes.

two ladies: you've read the bible?

me: yes. i was raised catholic.

two ladies: ah. . . you've read the bible but you don't read it now.

two ladies retrieve a pamphlet and open to an article

me: don't mean to cut you off but i'd rather not discuss the bible this morning.

two ladies: can we come back later?

me: sure. okay. perhaps.

two ladies close the pamphlet and place it back in a leather satchel

two ladies: have a great day.

me: goodbye.

4 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your too nice, Wouldn't of engaged in this much dialog with watch tower peddlers. Halloween was fun, Take care B

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

halloween was a blast!

i've nothing against believers. they have every right to try to engage as many persons that will listen to them. so i try to be polite and courteous when they come to my door or when they approach on the street. i couldn't help but think that a better good they could do is volunteer to help in some charitable way rather than try to save a few souls. but then, they were talking to a catholic buddhist atheist who simply doesn't believe in big daddy in the sky.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have anything against beleivers either, Until they ignore this graveyard working agnostics NO SOLICITING ! Sign for a decade. My irritation with the watch tower peddlers transcends religion, It's about sleep deprivation.
B

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

i concede your point!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home