Thursday, October 27, 2011

every day is halloween

trick or treat!

stop me if you've heard this one before. we were living in san jose. i must've been about 5 or 6 years old. my father took me out trick or treating. i don't recall my costume. i do remember the neighborhood being decked out with a fair share of haunted houses. there were lots of kids on the loose. me, my father [who was holding my hand], and about 10 or so other kids approached a house. the house was dark. no lights. nothing going on. me and the other kids walked toward the front door. we got about 10 feet from the door. the door opened with a bang. what popped out of the door was unspeakable. a ghost! who let out this great roar! i -- we -- screeched back to the sidewalk. my father lost it, doubled up with laughter. the ghost took off the sheet it was wearing. standing before us was a young man. he held out pieces of candy like peace offerings. i gingerly approached the man's hand. i took the candy. i never forgot that night.

boo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home