Saturday, July 02, 2011

the combustible man/the dissolved man

off his meds i gather/i'm waiting to cross the street to get to safeway on alhambra blvd/i've seen him before/don't remember if i've given him money/exchanged a few words/trying not to look but look anyway/jerky movement/reverse moonwalk/righthand pointing to the sun/a disco king with busted wiring/i look to the street light/lose sight/have a feeling/turn round and he's right behind me/eyes spun and mouth gesticulating toward something/he's assumed my stance/my posture/when i cross the street

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jim K. said...

I like the slash a lot.
It really helps to have a timing cue
and the long lines keep a flow on.

My favorite slash use was Jenn Bredl.
She used it as a ragged inhale,
a tension mark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home