Sunday, May 02, 2010

dith / e / ring

or something like that. lazy day here, a fairly rare day of doing nothing, and doing nothing is sometimes my favorite something. besides it is sunny, warm but a strong wind is blowing all the pollen, leaves and other allergens that it at times looks like snow falling. i find myself looking at vids at youtube.com, told anna that i was looking at old drive-in ads and mentioned that say 5 years ago these intermission shorts were hard to come by but now are common as hell on the infoweb. however, 1 short that we both remember vividly from our childhoods was a live-action musical feature where you can get pizza with 'mushy roomy room sauce'. it must've been a local production because it was in constant rotation at the sac 6 drive-in from the 1970s to the 1980s. however, i can't seem to find it anywhere. i'd love to see it again. anna asked for the computer when i told her this and she pointed the browser to internet archive where there's quite a few intermission ads but no 'mushy roomy room sauce'. well then one thing leads to another and i find myself using the wayback machine where you can type in an url and usually find the website preserved for posterity. i'm delighted to find and read one of the first poetry blogs i had ever read, the skeptic by poet john erhardt and wonder why erhardt who is a fine poet stopped blogging. here's to hoping erhardt starts blogging again.

3 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jim K. said...

Most of the very-well-known have
none or nearly no comments. I used
to attribute it to resentment, but
I'm thinking it's more the
self-consciousness of the commenter.

I mean...I can be embarassed and
deleted my own post, but a careless
comment I can't erase. So many I
wish I could! There is a
lot of odd Psych. on the web.
Check out the existential crises
in november-december. It's a big
month for blog-killing. Save your
fave posts before then.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

yeah, i know. but the dude i was reading was one of the first blogger-poets out there and wrote very well. have no ideas what he's up to know and when i google his name find poems that he published online from around 2002-2003 but have not a whole lot recently.

as for my own crises i try to remember that everyone, every writer, suffers from similar malaise and so i try to take comfort in that.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I too am looking for the "mushy roomy room sauce". I used to go to the Sunrise Drive in with my family in the 70s and early 80s.

Mac

 

Post a Comment

<< Home