Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the best wednesday ever

i don't know how to qualify that at all

it ain't that nothing good happened today

unless you think being alive verbal and conscious is a good thing

and i do think

just that i heard the old saws it's humpday

and also just 2 more days till friday

which i think is a real drag

consider if i died tomorrow

or suffered some catastrophe of whatever imagining

and i'd look back at today

which was beautiful

sunny warm w/ birds and squirrels running and rutting

and i came home to my wife and child

waiting for me

and i'd think that damn this wednesday was the best day ever

carpefuckingdiem as horace sd

even if it does sound like so much horseshit

because we are on this ride only once

and our turn goes so fast

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Closely Observed Train Stations said...

I read somewhere that a more accurate translation of "carpe diem" is "pluck the day" - a day to hold between your thumb and index finger. BTW I love squirrels. The first time I saw one prancing across a branch, I was captivated. My friends from the Northern hemisphere thought I was a little strange. Ryan

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

i've read that too, ryan, but still accurate as it is to turn a plow is to turn a verse. squirrels are part of our urban natural environment and have a great fondness for them, as i do chickens, cows and ducks of all sorts. i love even kitschy artwork that portray or use cows and chickens. in other words, ryan, it takes one to know one: i'm just as strange.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home