Wednesday, December 02, 2009

all i have to do is dream

tonight i left the following comment on jean vengua's blog regarding terrible dreams.

i can't recall any terrible dreams. but i had an interesting one this afternoon. stayed home sick from work today. watched 1 full film and 2/3rds of another one this morning. then a light lunch before a nap. hit the pillows and out like a light. i awoke to the dogs barking at something. then fell right back to sleep. my dream was thus:

somewhere, a campus or a park, i see the oz poet john kinsella across the green. he's loaded down with some books. so am i. i run to catch up with as we've made eye contact and was set to introduce myself to him.

he says, hi rich. sorry for not talking to you sooner [i think in my dream we had both been at this same place for some time].

surprised that he knew my name and my poems. i see his famous shaggy coif of grey hair and noticed he hadn't shaved for a couple days.

i started in with a rush of words, about to ask him about his pacificism and veganism.

then the dogs' bark woke me again.

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Jean Vengua said...

since i left my job, my sleeping schedule has been completely haywire. my dreamlife and material life are all mixed up. Not a bad situation for poetry-writing, though.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

not bad at all, jean, but i'm sure it does make one feel loopy. still the loops are a grand area for the dream lives of poetry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home