Thursday, April 17, 2008

in an interview in the current journal jubilat poet peter gizzi claims 'film language is closer to lyric poetry than it is to fiction'. i find that to be the case too and i'm thrilled that gizzi verified a topic i've been thinking about for some time. sure you might think me a guild man because of my love for movies and poetry. that's not the case at all. the techniques of cinema, splicing, editing, collage, montage, double-exposures, jump cuts, lighting and so forth i think carry over to poetry writing and reading than does any other art.

* * *

there is that that still ails me. so i've just called the advice nurse and made an apt. with my dr. she was quizzing me about diabetes, which is something i've thought too. but i don't know. what i do know is self-diagnosis is a fool's endeavour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home