Saturday, June 30, 2007

splat #30

autobio in prose / life in n california today / drove anna's mom to the airport in oakland / then drove back thru the east bay / to berkeley & moe's / whereupon i find the 1970 2nd printing of spicer's language / published by white rabbit press / a happy find for 15 bucks / i can't let that go / along with 2 books by santa cruz poet kevin opstedal / where i must ask my friend jean / if she knows him / cuz she lives there / i think / along with a book by sikelianos & a collective experiment by bernadette mayer / jen hofer / danika dinsmore / & lee ann brown / all good finds i say / then looped back to emeryville for lunch / at the public market / indian food / followed by a long drive home / for this is california / where every household owns at least 2 cars / it seemed every one was on the road today / so it ends by listening to comedy on xm / laffing my ass off all the way

4 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Jean Vengua said...

No, I don't know this poet. I guess I'm out of the loop around here, when it comes to poets in Santa Cruz. I'll have to go to the Literary Guillotine, and see if they've got any of his books there. Have you been to the Guillotine?

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

no, haven't spent much time in santa cruz. last year we had a week's holiday in a house right on the water's edge. not too far from the surfing museum. other than that just a couple of day trips.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jean Vengua said...

Well, let me know next time you are down here, and I'll take you all to the Literary Guillotine. It ain't your ordinary little bookstore. One has to tunnel through "film" to get to poetry.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Danika Dinsmore said...

I can't remember how I cruised into your blog (sometimes I just follow the links and see where they take me), so imagine my surprise when I see my name splatted in a post. Not only that, coincidentally we have just stated the 13th round of The 3:15 Experiment (the book you bought is based on the first 7 years if I recall), which has grown to include participants from around the world. Jen Hofer and I are the only poets to have participated in every OFFICIAL year or the experiment.

Each year for the entire month of August, a shifting group of poets wake every night at 3:15 AM and write. You should join us! We're five days into it, but I can tell the facilitator it's all right.

Cheers, Danika

 

Post a Comment

<< Home