Thursday, March 08, 2007

john tyson is one of my favorite poets. today he sent me some recent poems and asked if i could post them here. i'm happy to do just that.


Reality Check
For Noah

Listening to "Imagine"
From union 6
Bed 7
HOC
Franklin WI
53132

From the Comfort Of
For Amanda, Kelly, Noah & the rest of my family

Teeth against cinder
block
another night within
beyond barb wire
you all sleep, inside
i count breath.

Comfort of Imprisonment

forget the moon
jealous of height
another breath another trundle
forget the river
never without fully
another prayer another slip
some where in Milwaukee you sleep
my candle burns your shadow
water blesses turns torment back
never without thistle I scream
another melody
another sun

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger harry k stammer said...

forget
the
moon

while
barb'd

wire

(great poems)

cheers, harry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home