Wednesday, June 21, 2006

check out uk poet sean bonney's blog found via daniel f. bradley.

tonight i watched the wonderful noir commedy by danny boyle shallow grave broadcast as part of pulp month on ifc, then scribbled a few notes for ed wood sonnet #7 in my notebook. gawd knows if i can read it tomorrow, my handwriting is so bad.

i have 'heart of gold', earlier it was 'cinnamon girl', by neil young looped on the soundtrack of my head. there is a german expression, don't know the original, my mother-in-law uses for bits of songs stuck in the head, earworms.

never was a big fan of young, but always respected his bad-assitude, and his talent. example: harvest is, in my estimation, a great album.

4 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Ernesto said...

Shallow Grave is an amazing film. It's a shame he would end up doing what he did. I used to use it for my EFL classes some 8 years ago. Now that I think about it, I also had fun back then.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

ernesto, what are efl classes, something to do with ethics?

i think ewan macgregor's character, if that is who you mean at the end of the film, does an amazing, uplifting job. his character, the pure joy and energy of the role, and his acting, is why i call the film a comedy. bad things happen to the three friends, which culminates in betrayal and murder, committed by all of them. yet the conclusion is so satisfying that when macgregor looks up at the police inspector as he is pinned to the kitchen floor by a knife stuck thru his shoulder, his smile is so infectious that he has me beaming too.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Loki said...

harvest is a tiny classic, yes... other classics are much bigger

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out the guys at www.badfilmclub.com for other lovers of the bad movie!

KT x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home