Tuesday, April 11, 2006

clicking thru anny ballardini's website poets' corner i read the poems of italian poet freddy longo translated by anny. my italian is shit, but i'm blown away by these poems, here and here. there is something of cendrars in the texts, and a wizened intelligence. a bit of the scuzzy life tempered by veteran knowledge, and a literariness that i love so. i know charges of being literary is a felony offence in a lot of creative writing courses, at least it was 10 years ago, but i've always loved writing, and writers, who are borne out and into other poets' texts. i hope anny has more longo in her.

in other news, listening the satellite radio station the system, which specializes in trance. i think i've lost my indie cred when we bought a honda pilot a few months ago. i still walk everywhere i can, but now i own an suv complete with satellite radio. the satellite radio service was free for 3 months but we liked it so much we subscribed. does that mean i'm all growed up?

and got a kick clicking thru poet ron androla's links page. the usual poetry plus several surprises that had me busting up, and also clicking out of real fast.

thinking of eileen and alex.

do i owe you an email?

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Anny Ballardini said...

Hi Richard, thank you. Freddy Longo lives close to here. Soon on the market his Tennessee Williams that I read when it was still a second or third draft. Longo has a lot of defects, but he can sometimes write some interesting things. In Williams there are some parts that are definitely touching. I would be interested to know what you mean by me having more Longo in me...

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

more of yr translations of longo, anny. i'm crap when it comes to reading italian, so i must rely on the art of excellent translations.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Anny Ballardini said...

Thank you, I might one day. I am here buried as usual, but I will keep it in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home