Tuesday, March 07, 2006

in an email geof huth asked me why i use len200 in my email address. i answered that when i opened my hotmail account my name is so common that it was impossible to find a form of richard lopez to use in the address. so i took the first three letters of my middle name and added the 200 out of exasperation.

and in a recent post emily lloyd asked why some poet-bloggers use names for their links, while others use the titles of those same blogs. i responded because i think there is magic in an individual name, no matter how common that name is. i like to put a name to a text, and given the oft-times diaristic nature of blogs, i like to know the name of its author.

my name is common as dirt, or rainwater, or what have you. someone else is also richard lopez. the 'i' is someone else, as rimbaud once declared.

but on the strength of individual names i'll leave the last word to that great sage, homer simpson, who said about his own psuedonym, max power. nobody snuggles with max power. you strap yourself in and feel the g's!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home