Saturday, June 18, 2005

I broke down. I couldn't help it. it was my brother's fault, since he insisted that I would love it. so I did it, and no, I don't love it. for George Lucas's movie Revenge of the Sith was quite spectacular, but the acting, and yes, the story itself, was so contrived and wooden that gifted actors like Natalie Portman and Ewan MacGregor couldn't save it from bombast.

oh and watching Yoda kicking the ass of Palpatine was so downright funny, not exciting, that my brother had to lean over and poke me in the ribs to get me to shut up. yes, I am a witness upon the birth of Lord Vader, but the lines spoken by the Dark Lord were godawfull, and when I watched Vader rise in all his black armored glory, speaking in James Earl Jones's deep voice, and shuffling like Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster, I couldn't breathe was I laughing so hard.

so the movie is tripe. but goodlooking tripe. imagine that. like a lot of US movies of late, they are expensive, they are pretty to see, and full of explosions and bodies, but really about very little else. a shame. should I have expected something more?

well, for the moolah forked over, at least make the theater-going experience better. in my city it costs $9.50 for an adult to see a movie. I don't know what it costs in SF or NYC or LA. whatever, the price of admission for two is more expensive than buying a new or used dvd. shit. I mean, if the theater chains are going to jack the price up then at least add some cartoons and a second feature, and not 20 minutes worth of trailers only.

I have a tummy ache, and not just from the 15 bucks I spent on candy either.

1 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Hmmm. I liked the movie.

It's not as good as Batman Begins though. Maybe, you'll shell out another 9.25 for that. I highly recommend it.

There is nothing like knowing you can be your own superhero.

Just have to dream it. Then do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home