Monday, May 30, 2005

I've been tagged by Gina. so here goes.

1. total number of music files on my computer: 50.4 mb. I tend to delete older albums when I've burned a couple of copies.

2. I bought three cds last month in one gulp: If I Should Fall From Grace of God, The Pogues (kickass rollicking Irish punk rock led by the brilliant if terminally soused Shane McGowan); Flood, They Might Be Giants (in the phrase of Ira Robbins of Trouser Press [in an older print edition] 'they might be geniuses'); and Isn't Anything, My Bloody Valentine (lush noise by the progenitors of what became known as 'shoegazer rock'). all three cds were purchased to replace my wornout cassette tapes.

3. song playing right now: "Drown" by Smashing Pumpkins.

4. five songs recently played to death by me: "Moral Threat" by Social Distortion; "Living in Darkness" by Agent Orange; "Subterranean Homesick Alien" by Radiohead; "Angel" by Massive Attack; and "Trans-Europe Express" by Kraftwerk. of course these are in no order, and I tend to listen to entire albums rather individual songs, tho I do scan a lot for particular songs.

finally I must plug Live365 a collection of radio stations and streamcasts by all-types of stations and audiophiles organized by genres. I listen to this a lot when I'm surfing the net and/or writing.

now I'll pass the baton to Tom, Mark, and Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home