Friday, October 08, 2004

it is countdown time. in just a few weeks we go to the polls and decide who will lead us. I've not considered myself a political writer at all. tho a sequence of poems that have political content are published here. so the second debate tonight between Bush and Kerry will, it seems, solidify the beliefs of each camp. the hope I've mentioned in my previous post has evaporated.

I will not engage in any punditry here, but I do find it mighty depressing to hear the talking heads in the broadcast media speak tonight only on style, the presentation and speaking manners of both candidates, rather than the essences of each issue. who won is decided by how presidential one looks rather than his intellectual acuity and analyses of our current crises in education, environment protection, foreign affairs, civil rights etc. etc.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home